Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Always Wear A Helmet

This has been the summer of bike rides. We have gone to some really fun and far places on our bike. We decided one Sunday afternoon to take a trip to the Coon Rapids Dam. It is about a 13 -mile round trip. An easy ride- or so we thought. Here we are getting ready to go.This is what happens when you are distracted and crash into a road construction sign. I also had cut up my leg, ankle, and also hit my head. Thank goodness I had my helmet on or it could have been worse. After a few adjustments to my bike we were on our way again.... yes I am a trooper! HA HA!This is just one photo of the Dam. I thought it was neat how the tree log was on the edge. When we took a ride back the next Sunday it was gone.


Smile!
Look at that mom!
One thing that Dayne commented on was how loud it was. He asked why it was there so we read the signs by the Dam to explain- I don't think it all made sense but he did say it was cool!

We took another bike ride the next weekend back to the Coon Rapids Dam and from there we went to Elm Creek- this was a 30 mile bike ride round trip. This time the kids had their helmets on in the trailer!
We brought a picnic to eat the the Dam.When we got to Elm Creek the kids had a blast at the playground!Lylah thought this was the coolest! We plan on going on a few more adventures before the summer is over! It is nice to ride as a family!

0 comments: