Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heart Day!

Ahhhhhh Valentine's Day. I recently heard someone call it Halloween Lite- I would have to agree.. lots of candy (something I am trying to avoid lately) but a lot more LOVE! The last few years I have been making photo Valentine's for the kids. It is fun to design them!

Dayne wanted to make a train for his Valentine's box for school! It turned out pretty good. When he saw most of the kids at school had regular boxes for their Valentine's he wasn't sure what the kids would think of his when they saw his train. Then he said "I know Mom! They can be the coal cars!" That boy is always thinking!!Rich bought me some roses for Valentine's day when he went out for a treat for the kids. They are very pretty!The kids got all kinds of treats from Grandparents, Great- Grandparents, and of course us! But truly the cutest thing this year was the post office at school. The 4th graders run the whole thing and kids can send cards and presents to each other. Dayne got lots of mail- most of which came from students in my classroom that think he is so cute! He was one lucky boy! While Dayne as at a birthday party we took Lylah to the Clubhouse to the Valentine's Day party. They made a flower pot filled with candy and flowers......... played some games....... hunted for hearts....and had lots of fun!On Valentine's Day Rich and I went to out to dinner with our very good friends. Before we left the kids took a photo with us!Dayne helped me pick out my new shirt.Rich and his great smile..
It was a wonderful Valentine's day for our family! Lots of love all around!

1 comments:

Shayna said...

Great post. Really cute train box idea. =)