Sunday, September 28, 2008

Searching for the perfect pumpkin.

One of the great things about fall is going to look for pumpkins. Each year we head out in search for a great one. Last year we discovered Lendt's Pumpkin's up in Wyoming. It is a short drive up Hwy 35. This place is pretty cool because they have all these great cut outs of halloween figures. They are fun to take pictures by. There is also a corn pool where kids can play in corn. Which can be kinda gross if you really think about it. But kids love it so I guess that is what matters.

Soon we started on our hunt for the perfect pumpkin. Since this year they were $3 a piece no matter the size we wanted a big one! I started off way across the field leaving the kids and Rich behind. I found what I thought was a great one and lugged it back to show them.


Now I am pretty proud of this pumpkin and we start to head back when Rich spots something in a bunch of weeds. And sure enough there was a great pumpkin! Rich starts to laugh at me because I went clear across the field and here was a great one the whole time.

Before we left we picked up some hay bales for some halloween photos I am taking next weekend and also some little pumpkins for the kids.

Even though the weather could have been better (check out sky in the photos)- we had a great time.

2 comments:

Hansell Happenings said...

Love the pictures Melyssa! And I can't wait for our pictures next weekend! I am glad you joined the blogging world!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I had no idea you were blogging until you left a comment!!! Congrats on starting a blog! Here is another addiction..just like pictures and facebook right? Thanks for the sweet comment. I like your set up...looking pretty great! See you soon. Add me to your bloggin list and I will add you to mine!