Monday, September 28, 2009

The IRON Girl Duathlon

On a beautiful Sunday afternoon at the end of September I participated in my second duathlon- The Iron Girl! It was a 2 mile run, 19 mile bike ride, 2 mile run. This time I was running/biking alongside about 900 other women, 2 of which were my good friends Brenda and Carrie. The run was around Hyland Lake in Bloomington. It was a very pretty run. I was very happy with my time. I was in a pretty good mood when I headed into transition to get my bike. The crowd was so great cheering everyone on. There is nothing better than seeing my kids cheering for me! GO MOMMY! A smile crossed my face and I knew I could do it!! It wasn't until I saw the STEEP hill I had to head up on my bike that my mood started to change. Knowing I had to do the hill two times didn't help any either! The bike route was pretty hilly but a nice ride over all. After the 19 miles I started the run which ended up being more of a walk/run... but that was okay. I did my best and even beat my goal time by 5 minutes! I was so proud at the end to be with all these amazing women whose ages were from 16 to 70 years old! I hope I am still doing these races at 70! Now I am already thinking about next year's Iron Girl and improving my time! Biking into the second loopRunning to the finish line!Almost there!I did it!!Carrie, Brenda, and I at the end of the race!! Don't you just love our medals!

0 comments: