Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kindergarten Here he comes!

Kindergarten.... my baby is in school! Where has the last 5 years gone? It went by so fast. I know he is ready for this new adventure but I don't know if I am. It is strange to think of myself on the other side now. After teaching for more than 10 years I am now getting to see what it is like to be the parent at Open House and Conferences. I will be helping with homework now instead of just giving it! I will have to make sure he reads his 20 minutes each night and get a good night sleep! But he is ready and so excited. He goes to school all day every day of the week. He has a fantastic teacher that I know he will learn and grow with. I am pretty lucky this year he goes to the school I teach for Kindergarten since not all schools in our district have All Day Every Day Kindergarten. He will go back to his home school as a first grader so I am enjoying the extra time I have with him. So the adventure begins. I am so proud of him and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for him! Dayne and his fantastic teacher!



0 comments: