Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Candy Making

This year I decided to do some candy making.

I made caramels, almond bark candy, fudge, and even chocolate covered licorice. Now I know that might not sound so good- but man it is. If you haven't tried it you have too! The only part that was disappointing is I couldn't find the right chocolate. I needed some that I guess you can only get at Sam's Club and I don't have a membership. I had to give up my hunt and just go with semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate. It is still good but not quite the same. I was inspired by my friend Jeanette. When she offered me one I thought she was nuts- but it was soooo good. So taking her technique of double dipping them. It was a lot of fun to make them. Now if I can just stay away from eating them =)




1 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure are ambitious, Melyssa. I only have the patience to make very easy cookies and even then I have Tom do most of the baking. I just made the dough this year and he did the rest. Would love to try a piece of that licorice. Maybe I can have a cheat day.