Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sinter Klaas

I simply love the holidays. It is so much fun with the kids to see them get so excited about the snow, lights, and of course presents. Since Dayne was born we have started the tradition of Sinter Klaas at our home. Even though it is a Dutch tradition I feel it does connect to my roots a little, being Danish. I know they are not the same but I am sure you kinda know what I mean. Many countries have a tradition with St. Nick that happens on Dec 6th. This one involves leaving out a shoe. So each Dec 5th evening we leave out a shoe and Sinter Klaas come to visit leaving a treat behind. This year he left Boggle Jr for Dayne and a Christmas outfit for Lylah's Snap n Style doll. It was fun to see them light up when they saw the presents. This year they left their shoe by the Christmas tree they have in their room instead of outside. Of course Dayne now plays the game every day- making and sounding out the words. It is a fun tradition to have in our house. Makes me slow down a bit and enjoy the holiday season!

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

great idea! might be stealing this one!

Unknown said...

Isn't Christmas time so much more fun when the kids are into it? We have been having a lot of fun with new and old traditions with William this year.