Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Lylah

My baby isn't a baby anymore! She turns 2 on Monday. The poor thing must forever share her birthday with the holiday season. It has been my obsession to make her birthday as far removed from the holiday as I can. If she picks when she is older to have a holiday themed birthday I will go for it- but until then I will make it as free of Christmas as I can. So this year her birthday theme was ducks and thanks for a neighbor I was able to make a duckie cake. It turned out pretty good if I do say so! I don't have much talent in the cake making department- I usually leave that up to my sister but it went pretty smoothly.




For her party we had a few friends over to celebrate. There is nothing like a house full of kids from under the age of 1 to a 6th grader. The balloon "bubbles" were a big hit to play with. The classic moment of the night was when she opened a present from her birthday buddy Tessa- it was an outfit for her Bitty Baby and the moment they saw the cover of the box they both shouted BITTY! Now I didn't think we had seen it enough to know it but I guess we have! Yet another fun moment of the evening was Baby Alive. Now I am not so sure about a baby doll that pees- I am trying to stop the use of diapers and now Lylah has a doll that will forever need them! Sophie brought this doll into our lives and her and Kendra were so thrilled to get it open to show Lylah how it works. So Jenny had to help. Don't get me.. or her.. started on how they package these dolls. It was not an easy task! But finally Baby Alive was free from her package and the fun begain. Now another thing about this doll is it just came with a shirt and diaper and if you know how I am about dolls then you know this has caused me much trouble. So on a trip to Target I will need to find cloths for this doll..... can't have a naked baby! (On and this doll doesn't have hair.. thank you Jenny! I am not ready for hair on a doll yet!) Finally we brought out part of the Lylah's birthday gift from Rich and I. A crib for Bitty... Of course she wanted to get inside! She will get another part of her gift on her actual birthday on Monday. It was lot of fun to celebrate her birthday. There are lots things about Lylah that make her extra special! Here they are.
1. Singer- She is great with Twinkle Twinkle and even Bob the Builder.
2. Fealess-she loves to climb and jump.
3. Proud- She is so proud of all she does "look at me" and "I did it!" is often heard.
4. Hugs- she is GREAT at them. She is by far one of the best huggers!
5. Giggles- she has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh.
6. Helpful- she wants to help put things away and usually does so after just asking once!
7. Stubborn- I know that might not be a positive thing but it sure does make life with her interesting.
8. Sweet- she is getting into taking care of things and is often concerned with someone is sad.
9. Smart- It is so cool to see how she figures things out. She seems to be a great problem solver.
10. Loveable- most of all she is such an loveable girl! Makes us all so happy each day!
WE LOVE YOU LYLAH! Happy birthday, baby!

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh wow! You are so lucky to be able to use the blog as kind of a baby book too! Happy Birthday Lylah! If you ever want to publish the blog into a book / scrap book you can check out BLURB. It is a great site! I love the list you made for her. So Sweet!

Hansell Happenings said...

Happy Birthday Lylah! The party looks like a lot of fun and I love the duckie cake. Mark my words, I will never be making my kids birthday cakes. Who knows what we would end up with.... The Bitty crib is super cute. Julia has Bitty and then the Bitty Twins with the HUGE double stroller and stuff. I want to other furniture but have no idea where I would even put it. Anyways, glad she had an awsome birthday! Hope to see you guys sometime while you are off. Merry Christmas!