Sunday, November 30, 2008

The holidays are here!

It was a wonderful start to the holidays at the Carlson's. It was nice to have some time off from school to spend time with Dayne and Lylah. On Wednesday we played at home and did some prep for Thanksgiving. I also took on the task of doing the decorating of the porch and walkway- the weather was beautiful! Of course Thursday was Thanksgiving and this was the 2nd year it was just the 4 of us. It reminded me of when I was a kid. It was always just our family since my dad worked for the airlines and had to work sometime on the holiday. So we always enjoyed the day as a family. I really love making turkey and all the trimmings. It turned out yummy and a little early... but that was okay. At least I was checking on it to know! On Friday I did a little shopping early- without the kids... then later with the kids. They actually were pretty good while I waited in line at Kohls. There I got Lylah her own christmas tree for her room since Dayne has one... couldn't pass the deal. =) The weekend brought a few families by for photos and also the decorating of our house. Another throw back to my childhood is having 2 trees. One is more formal and is in the living room and the other has our family treasures on it. This year the kids decorated it for us! They did pretty well. We had to so a little fixing because it was a little bottom heavy! It was fun to see all our Christmas treasures again. We have lots to put out and I did some organizing so I could put out my houses that I haven't done in years! It looks so nice and festive. I am thrilled to have it all out so I can enjoy it over the next few weeks.
Unitl Later!
Melyssa

3 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh you are totally getting into digital scrapbooking...I can't take the plunge yet...how do you like it? The pages are really cute! Sounds like a busy holiday. I am playing catch up on the comments!!!

Unknown said...

Once again I have to say that your digital pages are fun to look at. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

Hansell Happenings said...

Where did you make those darling pages? I want some!