Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New!

I was excited when I got home today to find that my photos had arrived from mpix.com. I had just ordered them on the 22nd- so not a bad turn around time. I ordered the photos because I needed an enlargement of 19x19 for my new shelf that we put up in the stairway. It looks pretty good! Now that I have the photos I know I need to do pick carefully what ones I want because the shelf can cut off some of the photo because to the ledge. I was so excited as I was putting them in the frames when I discovered I made a pretty bad boo-boo.... I didn't read the size of the large frame carefully to see it was 19 3/4 x 19 3/4 not just 19x19-- ARGH! so I have a white lip on the right and bottom.... sooooo mad! But the photo I had picked was from last summer so I will have to take a new one in the spring and re-do it. What is funny about this is I tell my students at school over and over again to read carefully and here I didn't! Oh well. I still love it....

Until next time!
Melyssa

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh man! That is a bummer to order the wrong thing isn't it??? they still look great! Love the new blog header and background~!

Hansell Happenings said...

Super cute! I have shelves in my stairway with pictures on them too and it is one of my favorite places in the house. I love Mpix too! They are so fast! Too bad about the size thing - that sucks. I have done that and put black paper in instead of white and it doesn't seem to stick out as much. Just a thought!