Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rainy Day Trip to Mill City

On a rainy day we headed to the Mill City Museum. I had been there before with my students and thought it was neat to learn some of the history of my new hometown. Growing up I loved going downtown Chicago and learning about the amazing history of the city and now I get to learn another cities great history. We started off watching a movie called "Minneapolis in 19 minutes flat" My parents (who were still visiting) enjoyed the movie- they didn't know many of the interesting facts the movie shared about Minneapolis. Waiting for our trip on the Flour Tour. It is an elevator ride that tell about the history of the milling industry.

At the top... the kids braved the rain to get a photo outside.

Playing with Play dough that was made out of flour in the Baking Lab


Sending "logs" down the river in the Water Lab

Dayne and Lylah design cereal boxes with MorMor


Before we headed out into the rain again we took a quick family photo.

I highly recommend Mill City if you haven't been there. It is neat to learn about the past of this great city. The kids loved it because there are some fun interactive parts. This was a fun way to spend a rainy summer afternoon!

0 comments: