Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Closing in on an end......

This weekend Lylah will be 23 months old. For those that don't know I have taken her photo each month for the last 22 months. I always try to get as close to the 22nd of each month as possible. After 22 previous months of photo ideas and now with just 2 more to go I have mixed emotions. While I am glad to be done (I only did Dayne monthly for the first 2 years so that is why Lylah stops at 2 years too) I am kinda sad that it is over... While some months have been really hard- she didn't want to sit or would just scream- somehow I managed to get a shot good enough to share with family and friends. Now I am going to look forward to taking my friends new little one's photos each month come April (she had her daughter the same week I had mine so she had me do monthly photos of her too) so #2 gets the same!! At least this is a boy so I get to go back in my memory to my photos of Dayne!


The best part of taking these monthly photos is how much I have grown in my photography. I look back and I just can't believe I started over 4 years ago with a simple Sony Cybershot and lots of ideas. Now I have the joy of capturing many friends families and it has brought me so much joy! Who would have though sticking Dayne inside a suitcase at 2 months old (and no, not to save money on a vacation) would have brought me to where I am today. Thanks to those who have encouraged me along the way- I wouldn't be here with out that too! So here are a few of the shots I have taken over the few months of my babies... enjoy!
Until Later- Melyssa

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone either. Congrats on keeping up with taking the pictures. I took William's picture each month for his first but didn't do so well with Bennett. Hopefully I can find enough to make a good layout. I love the suitcase comment. :)