Thursday, November 6, 2008

Web Cam... the final frontier..

Now I do consider my parents pretty tech savy; they know how to e-mail, find their way around the web, and even have a cell phone, but I wanted to take them one step further ---- WEB CAM! They live in Arizona so we don't see each other much. I thought this would be great for them and our kids. When I got the idea, I didn't think I was going to have to invest in a web cam because there is a camera built into my Mac, but my parents have a PC and we were having trouble communicating - which is strange to me since PC and Mac seem to get along so well on those commercials. Anyway, we invested in a web cam for our PC. After that minor investment, as well as the help of a tech-savvy neighbor my parents know to help get theirs going, we're connected. The only glitch is my parents' microphone doesn't work.

The kids think it is SOOO cool to see themselves on the computer so we had a little fun playing and made a video. It is nothing special at all, just them being silly, but they are my kids so I think it is kinda cute. Lylah is wearing a hat that I knitted for her. She hasn't taken it off all day apparently so I guess she likes it. To those family members that read this, if you have a web cam let me know and we can play, too.

Until later....

Melyssa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tessa got off the couch so fast when she heard Dayne singing...

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is fun isn't it? Just love it! Great job, I changed my blog background because you beat me to that one!!!! Love it!