Monday, November 24, 2008

Just the girls!

Now I hate to admit it, but it is true. I am reliving my childhood. I am doing this with the help of Lylah. Today was a really cool day for Lylah, even though I know she isn't going to remember it. Of course I will scrapbook it and write about it here so hopefully she will feel like she remembers. Today we went to the Mall of America and to the new American Girl store for lunch. Now not everyone would think this is so exciting, but I sure did. We went with my friend Tonya and her daughter Tessa who was born three days before Lylah. The girls dress in similar clothing set off for the the Mall of America at 9am. We did some shopping before going into the store for lunch.













Here we are sitting at our table.











As you can see Bitty got her own chair and menu.


Now if that isn't cute I don't know what is! LOL!










Lylah checks out Bitty's menu. Bitty decided to share Bitty Bunny's Buttered Noodles with Lylah.








As we wait for our food Lylah sat next to Bitty. Bitty was very, very good while she waited and she was a good influence on Lylah.... she was very good too!







Lylah went for the fruit first. YUMM!
















Bitty wanted some sauce from Tessa's chicken so Lylah fed her some andthen Lylah wanted to try it. Now, honey mustard sauce isn't all that tasty Lylah discovered!








At the end the girls had some ice cream! Lylah dug right in and kept saying "OH BOY"! Talk about cute!


It was so much fun and the girls were really good. I can't wait to go again. What was really nice is they didn't rush you or make you feel like you had to get in and out super fast. That was so nice! Hopefully the girls will want to go again and again. With any luck we won't be like the 3 older ladies that were there with out kids. They even borrowed American Girl dolls to eat with. But heck it looked like they were having a nice time! They even asked me to take their picture together!
Then after lunch we did some shopping at the store and now Lylah has her birthday present. Of course I couldn't resist letting her have the Bitty feeding set early and as I write this she is playing away with Bitty. Dayne found the Bitty Ducky I had found for Lylah's duck themed birthday and gave that too her... oh well! Maybe Bitty will have to have an actual name sometime. But Bitty is kinda growing on me!

3 comments:

Sos said...

Great pictures.Lylah looks like she adores her Bitty. My friend and I were there last week. My friend bought her daughter Bitty(for Christmas) and tons of outfits.I think I got her hooked on AG- she oohed and ahhed around the store. I had to restrain myself from buying more clothes for Quinn's Bitty.It's an addiction. Glad to hear lunch was fun. Was it crowded? We want to do that after the Holidays.Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Hansell Happenings said...

Looks like fun! We are going to make the trek sometime soon. We have done the one in Chi-Town a couple of times but it is nice to have this so close to home. Hope you had a great Turkey Day!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like I missed this post by a week or so...ha...not sure where that time went...Looks so fun...Hey, could you pick up a hockey stick for me the next time you go? I will not make it to AG anytime soon....poor Tarah, only boys =)