Monday, November 3, 2008

Picture Perfect Weekend

What a beautiful weekend!
It is hard to believe it is actually November. Soon enough we will be bundled up and wearing hats and mittens- but we received a great gift this weekend- 70 degree weather. Perfect days for photos. I was given the opportunity to capture some great photos of some friends and their families. We headed to a park close to my home and shot away. I also arranged to have my good friend Karin help me take some family photos and even one of Rich and I. We decided that the self timer isn't going to cut it anymore. So here are some of the photos we
got from the weekend. Of course the family ones were the hardest to get. I think that Dayne and Lylah are tired of being in front of a camera and rebel! Oh the joys of children. But I keep trying. I think it comes from a childhood of never having a family photo taken. Not one... not until I got married. My dad HATED getting photos taken so any photos with him in them are even rare. He is getting better now- will take a photo with the grandkids. He doesn't like to look at the camera though, always looks at the kids. It is actually kinda funny. So because of this I think I am obsessed with photos and have a need for family photos. Plus they seem to be the only photos I actually get to be in. =) So here they are- my way of capturing moment for my kids that I didn't get to have with my parents- no offense Dad- I know you read this and will be the first to admit it is so true. But I am REALLY thankful that you are willing to take photos now.. so thanks!!












6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that some of the pictures turned out. I was really hoping that I didn't screw them up. Thank you again for taking pictures and it was fun taking yours. I would be happy to help you take a family photo any time.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Good team effort! I love it! Really great shot of you and Rich too..isn't that nice sometimes to just have the 2 of you! Family pic looks great!

Hansell Happenings said...

Super cute picture Melyssa! You have a beautiful family :)

Sos said...

Your kids are getting so big. Very cute photos of all of you.Hey, is that the path between the two Club West parks? I took some pics of Quinn there too. Only mature trees we have in the neighborhood.. Thanks for stopping by the ole blog. I'm sad that winter will be arriving shortly too; think we need to start praying for an early spring. Take care..

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Love this site!

Mom

Unknown said...

Your pictures turned out great. Very creative.