Monday, January 19, 2009

Sledding.. or is it sliding?

One thing that I have noticed about living here in Minnesota is that there is a question about what this outdoor activity is called. Growing up I called it sledding but when I came here for college I discovered that many people call it sliding. I am not sure why - you go on a sled down a hill - so sledding makes sense to me. But I guess you are sliding down the hill so perhaps that is why some call it sliding. Whatever it is called, it is an activity that many children love. I think that kids don't feel the cold. I am not a big fan this activity so I leave it up to Rich. We headed out to the hill that isn't too far from our house (we can walk there). It was so fun to watch them go down the hill. At one point Lylah even tried to get up the hill herself! Lylah liked to watch the big kids that were there too - they were making jumps that didn't work out as well as they hoped. It was a neat experience for both the kids since it was their first time really sledding. I am sure it won't be the last since they were so excited! My favorite part was seeing Dayne and Lylah go on their own... no fear for them!









Until next time-- happy sledding-- or sliding... =)
Melyssa



1 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

SO cute! I call it sledding and always have. Sliding just seems weird to me...anywho, it is kind of like the duck duck grey duck thing....I mean I called it duck duck goose but here go my kids calling it duck duck grey duck...=)

The tea is in the regular tea section at target and it is from Yogi. It is a yellow box w/blue writing on it. I really like it alot and it helps me curb the evening hunger!