Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Apple Obesession

In our house we need to hide the apples. Not the candy.... the apples. My children are obsessed. A couple of weeks ago we went apple picking. This was a lot of fun and we got tons of my favorite apple- honey crisp and some crab apples. We brought them home, washed them up and put them in a big basket on the island. Now my climber got right up on the stool and grabbed on of the crab apples. The perfect size for her. She took a chomp, got down from the stool and took off running. At first it was cute to see Lylah and Dayne climb up to grab an apple but soon we would find half eaten apples around the house. So we tried to put stop to it- I actually found myself saying NO, YOU MAY NOT EAT AN APPLE! Now isn't that crazy! Screaming and crying would soon be heard and the word Apple- Apple- Apple would come out between sobs from Lylah. Even this morning as we were heading out to go to daycare Dayne grabs 2 apples and gives one to Lylah and they happily head for the car! I guess it could be worse and they could want to have cookies all time time... but my honey crisp apple are only around for a short time and they are not the cheapest apples.. and to find them half eaten kills me! Here are a few photos of my apple loving Beau and Belle!

0 comments: