Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Capital of the World

I am a bit behind in my blogging- even though we had a nice long weekend from school I found myself doing all kinds of things around the house. So much for some days 'off" huh- Some how they always get filled with little projects like hummmm cleaning. HA HA. So that was my Thursday and then Friday I took photos of Lylah and her friend - they are 22 months. I can't believe 2 more months and I am free of doing two scrapbooks- At least nine months because then starts Dayne school years scrapbook! So I guess that won't last long. Which brings me to Friday when the kids joined me to get my supplies for a scrapbooking weekend I am going on. They were pretty good kids as I went from store to store. I think I am all set. Saturday brought my final senior photo shoot (shot on their beautiful 2 aces) and Grandma and Grandpa Carlson's from Illinois came for a visit and we decided to partake in the Lighted Halloween Parade in Anoka. Now this reminded me of the Holidazzle parade in Minneapolis except it was all about Halloween. For those of you that read this out of the great state of Minnesota - Anoka is the Halloween Capital of the World- Halloween is a BIG event in Anoka with activities and parades. We have never attended the parade so in the car we went and found a great spot.

Grandpa gave into Dayne's desire for a light up sword and so we were entertained by his ability to swing it! I got a really cool shot of it in action. The spot we had was great until teenagers decided to fill up in front of us. At least they stayed seated for the most part. It was a chilly evening but really lots of fun- for a parade anyway. All in all it was pretty relaxing and now my count down begins to Thanksgiving break.

2 comments:

Yolanda "Little" Fenn said...

Super Fun...I did not think that happened already...BUMMER! I like to take the kids there and then go to Hans for a really great cookie!!! Glad that you had a nice weekend...even if you weren't blogging!!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Whoops...that was me. Erik was signed in on this computer!